Your Nightly Resting Corner 

By Yousra Feriel Drioua  If you’ve brushed across some of my writings in the magazine, you’d not only be familiar with my hopelessly idealistic approach to life but also my … Read More

Hosting the World: Gwangsan-gu’s Global Citizens Culture Festival 

By Julien Laheurte  On the November 4 between 12–6 p.m., the Gwangsan-gu Global Citizens Culture Festival unfolded at Hwangryong Chinsu Park, in the vibrant heart of west Gwangju. Under the … Read More

Working on the Radio as an International Student in Korea 

By Shara Perez  In late July 2023, I received exciting news from a friend who informed me about her upcoming radio program in August. The producers of the show were … Read More

The (Un)reliable US? 

By Jonathan Joseph Chiarella  As disagreements continue over the relocation of the Gwangju military air base and the construction of new facilities, we can be certain of this: In Korea, … Read More

Meeting Friends in Gwangju 

By Konno Hideko, Nurtia Pratiwi Siahaan and Renelle Marsh Meeting Friends in Gwangju is a virtual language and cultural exchange program to promote civic exchanges between Gwangju residents and citizens … Read More

Less Is More  

By Park Nahm-sheik  Less is more is often attributed to Chilon of Sparta, one of the Seven Sages of Ancient Greece. This phrase comes up even oftener in the same … Read More

School’s Out for November 

By Jonathan Joseph Chiarella  PART I: THE HISTORY  In 1929, the birthday of Meiji (the emperor of modern Japan) and the Korean National Foundation Day (reckoned by the lunar calendar) … Read More

Interview with Talk to Me in Korean’s CEO, Sun Hyun-woo 

By William Urbanski  Pretty much anyone who has come to Korea and studied the language knows about Talk to Me in Korean (TTMIK): the learning platform that breaks down complicated … Read More