The Secret to Happiness? 

By Nahida Islam  Is there any secret to happiness? Or is it something unidentifiable? Or can it be explained by the relative theory of Einstein?   Like, when we are beside … Read More

The International Line-up at the WHRCF 2023

By Jonathan Joseph Chiarella  The World Human Rights Cities Forum is indeed international. Instead of “world” being an unnecessary reminder that foreign guests are welcome, roughly two-thirds of the confirmed … Read More

Claw Me and I’ll Claw Thee! 

The title of this article makes the case that help is a two-way street. It means the same thing as “One hand washes the other” and “Scratch my back and … Read More

Three Life Lessons from Mold 

By Francesca Duong  It stood stark against my pale walls looking like a grotesque monster from a horror movie. And honestly, it basically was.  The black, misshapen spot had grown … Read More

The Patriotic Internationalist’s Dilemma 

By Jonathan Joseph Chiarella  Facts  Japan has exploited its long-running position of superiority over Korea. Japan has cut corners on nuclear safety. The water from the Fukushima power plant, if … Read More

The Legendary and Powerful Gotgam​: How to Make Dried Persimmons 

By Grace Chun  Around the time of Chuseok (추석), my maternal grandmother always retells the story of the tiger and the dried persimmons, or gotgam (곶감). My grandmother’s version of … Read More

Concepts of Time and Friendship 

From the moment my plane landed at Incheon International Airport in snowy January, I knew the clock started ticking.  

Dr. Diet, Dr. Quiet, and Dr. Merryman! 

These three are the best doctors by far, as per popular wisdom. They dole out the very best fitness prescriptions for us all. The counsel epitomized here seems to be a useful lodestar for all seekers of optimal wellness. At the very least, this three-pronged regimen merits a careful and thorough analysis. In the remainder of the current article, we shall thus be looking into those three prongs in some detail one after another.